Confucius Institute Scholarships 2022
Guideline to apply for the Confucius Institute Scholarships 2022
In order to train highly qualified Chinese language teachers and promote the spread of the Chinese language and Chinese culture in the world, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation of the Ministry of Education (hereafter referred to as "the Center”) continues to offer Chinese as a Foreign Language Teacher Training Scholarships (hereafter referred to as “scholarships”). Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius Classrooms and some Chinese language examination centers, Chinese languages faculties in universities, local Chinese teaching organizations, Chinese diplomatic missions abroad, etc. (hereafter referred to as “referring institution”) may recommend practicing Chinese language students and teachers to study International Chinese Teaching or other related majors at Chinese universities (hereafter referred to as “host universities” or “host centers”).
- Have a citizenship other than that of the People's Republic of China.
- Be in a good condition of physical and mental health and stand out both for their good behavior and for their attitude towards studies.
- Be interested in the teaching approach, teaching and international spread of the Chinese language.
- Not having previously participated in the RUC International Summer School.
- Be between 16 and 35 years old (before September 1, 2022). If the applicant is a practicing Chinese teacher, the maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 45 years. Regarding the scholarship for undergraduate studies, the age must be less than 25 years.
- Submit certification that proves that they are active students of the Confucius Institute of the University of Costa Rica (IC-UCR) during the period 2022. (This scholarship is exclusive for students of the Institute with at least 2 approved courses). The certification can be requested at the IC-UCR reception.
- Submit a personal statement at the reception of the Confucius Institute addressed to Dr. Kuok Wa Chao Chao, director of the Confucius Institute of the UCR, in which the applicants explain the reasons why they believe they should be eligible for one of the scholarships of the Confucius Institute.
- Submit a copy of the certification of the HSK and HSKK tests if necessary. Note that the exam certificates are valid for two years.
- Submit a photocopy of the first page of the passport. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant documents from legal guardians in China. Note: Please note the expiration date of the passport which must be 6 months after the date you plan to return from China.
- Submit printed application to the required scholarship program which is on the website: http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login The applicant must register on this site and upload the required documents.
- Finally, at the Institute you will complete a form with your personal data, please check that the information is correct and sign below.
How to appply
From March 1, 2022, applicants will need to register on the official website of the Chinese as a Foreign Language Teacher Training Scholarships to apply. Link: http://cis.chinese.cn/
Steps to follow:
- Register on the official website of the Scholarships, where you can find information about the recommending institutions and the host centers.
- Fill out and submit the application documents online, follow the process of your application, be aware of the suggestions and the final result of the evaluation.
- Applicants who obtain the scholarships must confirm and carry out their admission procedures with the host center, apply for a student visa for China and download and print the scholarship certificate.
- Enroll at the host university within the period indicated in the admission letter issued by the host center.
Application Deadlines (Beijing Time):
- If the course starts in July 2022 - application submission deadline: April 15, 2022; Deadline to review the documents by the recommending institutions and host centers: April 25, 2022.
- If the course starts in September 2022 - application submission deadline: May 15, 2022; Deadline to review the documents by the recommending institutions and host centers: May 25, 2022.
- If the course starts in December 2022 - application submission deadline: September 15, 2022; deadline to review the documents by the recommending institutions and host centers: September 25, 2022.
- If the course starts in March 2022 - application submission deadline: November 15, 2022; deadline to review the documents by the recommending institutions and host centers November 25, 2022.
Note: The Center will entrust the evaluation of the applications to specialists, considering the score and levels of the HSK, HSKK, and nationality, and will decide which of them are eligible of financial support. The evaluation process will be completed and the results will be published three months before the start of the course.
You can download all the documents in the attached files.